You need a gift for a retired golfer — and we’ve made a list of 13 awesome gifts for said demographic.
We’ll admit: There are only so many golf-related presents on the market.
But we found a few novel items you don’t see on every course.
So, without further ado, let’s “putt our way” into the Wide World of Golf Gifts.
- How to Choose the Best Golf Retirement Gift
- 13 of the Best Retirement Gifts for Golfers
- 1. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls (One Dozen)
- 2. Garmin Approach S10, Lightweight GPS Golf Watch, Black
- 3. 2 Layer Golf Trunk Organizer, Waterproof
- 4. Leather Golf Bag Tag
- 5. Callaway 15th Club Golf Ball Retriever for Water
- 6. SelfieGOLF Record Golf Swing
- 7. FootJoy Men’s WeatherSof Golf Gloves
- 8. Golf Ball Chillers for Wine
- 9. AbcoTech Indoor Golf Putting Green
- 10. Golf Ball Marker Personalized Divot Tool
- 11. Golf Practice Net
- 12. RBZ Speedlite Complete 11-Piece Set
- 13. Fireball Golf Towel Gifts and Accessories Set
- Final Thoughts
How to Choose the Best Golf Retirement Gift
Before exploring present ideas, let’s first discuss choosing the best golf retirement gift.
To get it right, consider the following:
- Your Relationship: If you’re not the closest of friends or family, and you’re not contributing to a group gift, there’s no need to spend tons of money. Something small is just fine.
- Enthusiasm Level: Consider how enthusiastic the retiree is about golfing. Is it an obsession or a casual hobby?
- Skill Level: Is the retiree in question a great golfer? If so, avoid getting them equipment, as they’ll probably have particular tastes that match their game. But a tool or accessory works as a gift.
- Personality: When buying presents, always think of the person’s personality. Think about what they would like, not what you would like.
13 of the Best Retirement Gifts for Golfers
Let’s jump into the reason you’re here: finding the best retirement gift for the golfer in your life. Our team picked a range of products for various situations and budgets. Fingers crossed you find something that works for your situation.
Golfers can never have enough balls, and experienced players swear by Titleist Pro V1s. A novice golfer may assume a ball is a ball. But a lot of design goes into making an optimized golf ball, including:
- Core Material: This item features a processed 2.0 ZG solid core, which increases distance.
- Casing: Titleist’s Pro V1 golf balls have a high-flex case that decreases long-game spin and increases speed.
- Cover Formulation: It has a very soft cover formulation that improves greenside spin and more short-game control.
- Aerodynamics: The Pro V1s 388-tetrahedral dimple design allows for maximum distance and consistent flight advantages.
If they don’t already have one, a golf watch is a great gadget for a retiring golfer — or someone who intends to pick up the sport. Garmin’s Approach S10 is preloaded with over 41,000 courses and includes lifetime updates.
What does it tell the wearer? The S10:
- Provides yardage numbers to the front, back, and middle of the green
- Points out doglegs and hazards in your path
- Automatically transitions to the next hole
- Measure drive and putt distances
- Keeps year-round totals to track progress
- Displays current, sunrise, and sunset times
The lightweight, high-resolution, waterproof (up to 50 meters), and sunlight-readable display makes the S10 by Garmin an excellent golf watch. Plus, the wearer won’t have to worry about staying out all day as the battery lasts up to 12 hours.
This sturdy, waterproof, easy-to-clean, well-designed golf trunk organizer is a practical and thoughtful present for a retiring golfer. It has compartments for:
- Golf balls
- Golf tees
- Golf brushes
- Two pairs of shoes(up to size 11)
This model stands out above others because the shoe slots are ventilated, allowing air to flow all around them and cutting down on odors. It also features handles on each side for moving in and out of the car.
Small details can make a big impression, and this personalized golf bag tag looks great. Its diameter is about 3 ¾ inches, the ideal size. The personalization is laser engraved, but the leather is artificial. It also comes with premium bamboo golf tees, which can be customized.
The retiree in your life doesn’t need to be wading through water in the event of an errant drive, and this Callaway golf ball retriever will come in handy when the inevitable happens. It comes in two sizes, extending up to six or fifteen feet with minimal bend.
The smaller version fits in nearly all bag pockets, it features an ergonomic sure-grip handle, and the telescopic tool is made of high-quality aluminum alloy. When covered with the included dual-zip protector, it looks like another club.
This is for folks obsessed with working on their swings, allowing for hands-free video capture. It’s not much to look at, but this innovative golf clip makes it much easier for players to record their movements for later analysis.
Its best feature is its stability. The SelfieGolf stays tight through all wind and knocks and fits with standard alignment rods, tour bags, and golf-stand models. The stick isn’t included, but the design adapts to all cell phone sizes.
Every sport has its accessories, and gloves are important in golf. FootJoy’s WeatherSof gloves are the top-selling brand in the world. What makes them so comfortable?
- Comfortable wrist elastic
- Three-directional tab closer
- Leather palm and thumb patches improve feel, grip, and durability
- FiberSof material keeps hands feeling good
- Knuckle mesh improves breathability, flexibility, and comfort
A golfer can never have too many gloves. Moreover, they eventually need to be replaced. So don’t worry if the person you’re gifting already has a pair.
This golf-themed retirement gift is for off-the-course. Made by SipDark, these golf ball chillers look great in a whiskey or cocktail of your choice. What’s great about chillers is that they cool down a drink without compromising the flavor.
These items have a 1.5-inch diameter, and each set comes with two balls in a white gift box packed in a velvet bag.
AbcoSport’s ergonomically designed, easy-to-assemble practice putting green will provide hours of enjoyment for any retiree with a yen for golf. They can use it to putt around inside or out.
The foldable design makes it a snap to move and store, plus it features two holes, one each for precision and regulation. Plus, it has like-like grass that mimics an actual course.
Conveniently, the AbcoSport practice putting green includes an auto-ball return, and it comes with three practice balls.
When golfers strike the grass with their drivers, it can pull up a small patch of grass. The same goes when a ball lands on short grass and puts greens. The damage is referred to as a “divot,” and it’s good form to patch them up if you make one.
This personalized divot multitool also features a ball marker mechanism, making it an excellent gift option for the “proper” golfer.
If your retiree has enough room at their house, this foldable golf practice net could be a great gift. It comes with the following:
- Driving net
- Target sheet
- Golf Hitting mat
- Five practice golf ball
- Golf Tee
- Set of frames
- Carrying bag
The design has one large target and three chipping pockets to practice various swing skills. The unit is 10 feet wide, 8 feet high, and 6 feet deep, making it large enough to swing big.
Moreover, unlike other options, you can use actual golf balls and clubs thanks to the reinforced netting.
Are you looking for a big group gift for someone retiring after many years? This 11-piece set of RBZ Speedlite clubs may be a great option. They’re aerodynamically designed for faster swings, and the titanium heads are also shaped for optimal performance. The set includes:
- Three wood
- Four iron
- Pitching wedge
- Sand wedge
- Cart bag
Notably, this golf set is on the technological cutting edge as the clubs feature carbon wood, a step up from full titanium models. The design also makes it a more “forgiving” set.
Having towels handy on a course is essential — especially on those hot, sunny days. This five-piece golf towel set includes three jumbo microfiber towels in bright colors. It also comes with a cleaning brush, groove cleaner, and carabiner clip for storage purposes.
More Related Articles
We hope you found our guide to top retirement gifts for golfers helpful. And remember: The thought really does matter most. So don’t overextend your budget. The giftee will be thrilled that you’re there to celebrate, no matter what.