Do you remember how it felt to go to your grandparents’ house?
Good smells emanated from the kitchen, and cookies didn’t have to wait until after dinner.
Grandpa was always up for some fun shenanigans, and Grandma’s lap was accessible for you to sit in while she read a story or rocked you to sleep.
Even though they were older than your parents, your grandparents somehow seemed more permissive, available, and chill.
Even now that you’re grown, your grandparents hold a special place in your heart.
They always cheer you on and see the best in you.
You want them to know how dear they are by sharing some loving grandparents’ quotes and heartfelt sentiments.
How Do You Express Gratitude to Grandparents?
There are many ways to let your Pops and Nana know how you feel – not the least of which is telling them regularly. Of course, your verbal expressions are essential, but there are more lasting ways to say, “I’m so grateful for you both.”
If you want to reinforce your words, use some of the quotes in our list with these ideas:
- Include one in a caring card you send to them.
- Have a quote printed on a coffee mug – one for each grandparent.
- Create a photo scrapbook with quotes interspersed throughout.
- Make a cross-stitch frameable with one of the grandparents’ quotes.
45 Thankful for Grandparents’ Quotes to Express Your Gratitude
Read on grateful grandchildren to find meaningful grandparents’ quotes that speak to you and how you feel about your beloved elders. No matter how you use them, Grandma and Grandpa will love them – because that’s just what they do!
1. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” — Joyce Allston
2. “Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.” — Charles W. Shedd
3. “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence. Grandmother was that person to me.” Phyllis Theroux
4. “No one … who has not known that inestimable privilege can realize what good fortune it is to grow up in a home where there are grandparents.” – Suzanne La Follette
6. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” – Regina Brett
7. “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age.” — Thomas Bailey Aldrich
8. “I feel like my grandparents and parents gave me a tremendous amount. And if I can pass some of that on, then I’ll be very happy.” – Caroline Kennedy
10. “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.” – Donald A. Norberg
11. “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” — Lexie Saige
12. “Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.” – Helen Ketchum
13. “My grandfather was a wonderful role model. Through him, I got to know the gentle side of men.” – Sarah Long
14. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” – Joy Hargrove
15. “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” — Sam Levenson
16. “It’s funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you’d do. It’s terrific.” – Mike Krzyzewski
17. “I know you’ve loved me since I was born, but I’ve loved you my whole life.” — Unknown
19. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — Alex Haley
20. “There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.” — Victor Hugo
21. “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.” — Unknown
22. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
23. “Have children while your parents are still young enough to take care of them.” — Rita Rudner
24. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” — Pam Brown
25. “Everyone needs to have access both to grandparents and grandchildren in order to be a full human being.” — Margaret Mead
More Related Articles
175 Adorable Nicknames For Grandma That You’ll Actually Want Your Grandkids To Use
11 Mindfulness Activities For Seniors
27 Of The Greatest Grandchildren Quotes Ever
26. “Love is the greatest gift that one generation can leave to another.” — Richard Garnett
27. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” — Ogden Nash
28. “Grandparents can be very special resources. Just being close to them reassures a child, without words, about change and continuity, about what went before and what will come after.” — Fred Rogers
29. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” — Erma Bombeck
30. “Grandparents are always being told that they are living history to their grandchildren, that they give the children the reassurance of their roots. For me and many grandmothers, I have talked to, it works the other way as well. They give us continuity.” — Ruth Goode
32. “I’m going to be your grandpa! I have the biggest smile. I’ve been waiting to meet you for such a long, long while.” — Billy Crystal
33. “Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends.” — Allan Frome
34. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ‘boo.’” — Nicholas Brault
35. “The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.” — Dave Barry
36. “Most grandmas have a touch of the scallywag.” — Helen Thomson
37. “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure.” — Gene Perret
38. “An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly.” — Gene Perret
39. “You are the sun, Grandma, you are the sun in my life.” — Kitty Tsui
40. “Her grandmother, as she gets older, is not fading but rather becoming more concentrated.” — Paulette Bates Alden
41. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” — Lois Wyse
43. “I loved their home. Everything smelled older, worn but safe; the food aroma had baked itself into the furniture.” — Susan Strasberg
44. “It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.” — Christopher Morley
45. “A grandmother is a safe haven.” — Suzette Haden Elgin
Give your grandparents the gift of loving and appreciative words that will mean the world to them. They don’t need much from you – just knowing you care and appreciate them is always good for a free meal and endless adoration.