As we age, it’s essential to maintain our sense of humor about this whole getting older thing.
Fortunately, there are plenty of hilarious quotes about getting older that remind us to embrace the inevitable changes that come with age.
These hilarious getting older quotes we’ve together cover everything from the joys of retirement to the struggles of forgetfulness.
I think you’ll enjoy the lighthearted perspective on aging that’s sure to bring a smile to your face.
They remind us that we’re not alone on this journey and that a good laugh is often the best medicine.
Take a gander at these witty quotes on aging and watch your worries disappear.
Turns out that laughter is the best wrinkle cream!
Funny Quotes About Aging Gracefully
1. “Age is just a number. In my case, a really high one.” – Unknown
2. “I’m not aging, I’m marinating.” – Unknown
3. “I don’t feel old, I just look like I do.” – Unknown
5. “Age is just a number, and in my case, it’s an unlisted one.” – Unknown
6. “I’m not old, I’m just chronologically gifted.” – Unknown
7. “I’m aging like a fine wine, or maybe I’m just whining.” – Unknown
8. “I’m not getting older, I’m just becoming a classic.” – Unknown
9. “Age doesn’t matter unless you’re a cheese or a wine, but even then it’s only a suggestion.” – Unknown
10. “I’m not old, I’m just getting a little closer to my expiration date.” – Unknown
11. “Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.” – Walt Disney
12. “I’m not old, I’m just well-seasoned.” – Unknown
13. “Age is a high price to pay for maturity.” – Tom Stoppard
14. “I’m not getting older, I’m just becoming a limited edition.” – Unknown
15. “Aging gracefully is like the nice way of saying you’re slowly looking worse.” – Unknown
16. “Age is a matter of feeling, not of years.” – George William Curtis
17. “I’m not aging, I’m evolving.” – Unknown
19. “Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
Funny Quotes About Getting Older and Wiser
20. “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.” – George Burns
21. “The older I get, the less I care about what people think of me. Therefore, the older I get, the more I enjoy life.” – Ellen DeGeneres
22. “As you get older, three things happen: the first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.” – Norman Wisdom
23. “The longer you live, the more you realize that nothing is truly impossible.” – American author and motivational speaker Unknown
24. “With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.” – Irish playwright and author Oscar Wilde
25. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – American statesman and lawyer Abraham Lincoln
26. “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” – American feminist writer and activist Betty Friedan
27. “Aging is not for the faint of heart.” – American actress and comedian Unknown
28. “Wisdom comes with winters.” – Irish playwright and author Oscar Wilde
29. “The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left.” – American actor Jerry M. Wright
30. “The greatest gift of life is maturity, the ability to see things in a new light.” – American author and poet Unknown
Funny Old Man Quotes
31. “Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you’ve put in.” – Unknown
32. “As a man grows older, his habits grow younger.” – John Steinbeck
33. “The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy.” – Unknown
35. “Men are like wine: some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.” – Pope John XXIII
36. “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.” – John Barrymore
37. “Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.” – Leon Trotsky
38. “The older I get, the better I was.” – Unknown
39. “An old man is twice a child.” – William Shakespeare
40. “Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you’re aboard, there’s nothing you can do.” – Golda Meir
41. “A man is not old until his regrets take the place of his dreams.” – Yiddish Proverb
42. “When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.” – Chi Chi Rodriguez
44. “The older I get, the better I used to be.” – Unknown
45. “The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune.” – English Proverb
Funny Old Woman Quotes
46. “The older I get, the more I see that life is about what you give, not what you get.” – Ellen Goodman
47. “As I get older, I realize that the thing I value the most is good-heartedness.” – Ellen Burstyn
48. “The more you know yourself, the more clarity there is. Self-knowledge has no end.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
49. “As I get older, the things that I want are starting to make more sense. I don’t want to be in crazy, intense relationships because it wears me out.” – Selena Gomez
50. “I think as you get older, you realize that the thing that you really value is the written word — because it stays.” – Kate Atkinson
52. “I find the older I get, the more I cherish what I call ‘the honesty of experience’ – moments of being as true to oneself as possible.” – Dawn French.
53. “Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened.” – Jennifer Yane
54. “Old age is not for sissies.” – Bette Davis
55. “Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” – Joan Collins
56. “The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.” – Betty White
57. “Age is not important unless you’re a cheese or a wine.” – Helen Mirren
58. “The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
59. “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” — Woody Allen
60. “You know you’re getting old when happy hour is a nap.” – Unknown
Funny Senior Citizen Quotes
61. “As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer.” – Robert Quillen
62. “Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese.” – Luis Bunuel
63. “Age is not how old you are, but how many years of fun you’ve had.” – Matt Maldre
64. “The trick is growing up without growing old.” – Casey Stengel
We’ve come to the end of the road with these fun and humorous quotes about aging. If you’re over 55, then you already know that getting older ain’t for sissies.
But there is one thing we can do to make this long journey a little more bearable and that’s to find the humor in it all. I mean, who needs Botox when you can just laugh at your wrinkles?
So, let’s all raise a cocktail glass (or a pill bottle) to aging gracefully, or at least trying to. I hope you had some laughs while reading these quotes.
Finally, be sure to remember, you’re not getting older, you’re getting closer to retirement (if you’re not there already).