Grandmas are special.
They’re a bonus mom who doesn’t pester you as much as your real mom, loves spoiling you, and will usually take your side.
How can you let your Grandma know she’s top in your book?
If you’re on a budget, sharing fun grandmother quotes is an excellent option.
To help brighten your nana’s day, we’ve compiled a list of 67 quotes that fit the bill.
67 Cute Grandma Quotes to Make Her Day
What are the best grandma quotes? You’re sure to find a favorite (or several) in our list. Just be sure to keep your grandmother in mind as you select some to share.
1. “Being a grandmother provides you with an opportunity to help your grandchild gain a sense of who he or she really is.” – Deborah Williams and Linda A. Johnson
2. “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” – Janet Lanese
4. “A house needs a grandma in it.” – Louisa May Alcott
5. “There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren.” – Janice Elliott-Howard
6. “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day, and now the day was complete.” – Marcy DeMaree
7. “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.” – Barbara Cage
8. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” – Pam Brown
9. “Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.” – Edward H. Dreschnack
11. “Having a grandmother is like having an army. This is a grandchild’s ultimate privilege: knowing that someone is on your side, always, whatever the details. Even when you are wrong. Especially then, in fact. A grandmother is both a sword and a shield.“ – Fredrik Backman
12. “Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts.” – Bryna Nelson Paston
13. “Grandmother opens up a new world of change, challenge, and celebration in a woman’s life.” – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
14. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” – Lois Wyse
15. “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.” – Phyllis Theroux
16. “A grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.” – Karen Gibbs
17. “Being pretty on the inside means you don’t hit your brother and you eat all your peas — that’s what my grandma taught me.” – Lord Chesterfield
19. “Don’t eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” – Michael Pollan
20. “It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.” – Christopher Morley
21. “To all of the grandmothers who make the world more gentle, more tolerant, and more safe for our children: Never doubt your importance.” – Mary-Lou Rosengren
22. “You are the sun, Grandma, you are the sun in my life.” – Kitty Tsui
23. “I know what it is like to be brought up with unconditional love. In my life that came from my grandmother.” – Andre Leon Talley
24. “When it seems the world can’t understand, your grandmother’s there to hold your hand.” – Allen Logan
25. “Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.” – Alexandra Stoddard
26. “A grandmother once said that children are the investments and grandchildren the dividends.” – Selma Berg
27. “My grandmother is my angel on earth. She is always looking out for me, she is always there for me, she loves and cares for me in a very special way. An angel describes her best!.” – Catherine Pulsifer
28. “A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.” – Rachel Appleton
29. “A grandma’s name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother.” – William Shakespeare
30. “You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.” – Albert Einstein
More Related Articles
31. “When she smiles, the lines in her face become epic narratives that trace the stories of generations that no book can replace.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
32. “Grandmother, the true power behind the power.” – Lisa Birnbach
33. “There was so much fun going to the farm with grandma. In a group with other family members, grandma lead the way.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
34. “Beware! Authentic communication is not to be confused with Grandma’s unfiltered comments!” – Vindy Teja
35. “I’m a very positive person. My grandmother taught me that happiness is both a skill and a decision, and you are responsible for the outcome.” – Helen McCroy
36. “My grandmother always told me how you start is how you finish.” – Bernie Mac
37. “I want to be the grandmother who plays inside and outside, experiencing joy with each grandchild, according to his or her personality and interests.” – Sharon Carpenter
39. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” – Erma Bombeck
40. “If grandmas hadn’t existed, kids would have inevitably invented them.” – Arthur Kornhaber
41. “Granny always said finding justice was as tough as putting socks on a rooster.” – Jessica Maria Tuccelli
42. “One only has to look at the vast assortment of birthday and Mother’s Day greeting cards to appreciate the depth of love some hold for their grandmothers.” – Angela Bowen
43. “Being a grandmother is the best – it can’t be overrated.” – Marty Norman
44. “One friend came up with the name “Glam-ma”, short for Glamorous Grandmother. I loved it!” – Carol L. Covin
45. “Being an everyday grandmother has kept me young at heart, I know all the newest fads and fancies. I am way hipper than most of my friends.” – Trudy Jo Hahn Snader
46. “The coach, the counselor, the cuddler, the friend, the caregiver, the reconciler or the dazzler of sweet temptations are all natural and becoming roles that this grandmother plays with the skill of a master symphony director.” – Byron Pulsifer
47. “A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love. She overlooks our faults, encourages our dreams, and praises our every success.” – Djean Whitney
48. “I looked up to Gramie, she always was there for me; no matter what challenge I was facing she shone her positive attitude on it. My Gramie was truly an inspiring and influential person in my life.” – Kate Summers
49. “Grandmothers and roses are much the same. Each is God’s masterpiece with different names.” – Grandma Cetris.
50. “A grandmother is a safe haven.” – Suzette Haden Elgin
52. “Her crown of white hair seemed to stand like a halo around her in the night sky.” – Lilian Li
53. “My grandmother always used to say, ‘If you know your past and you know where you have to go, why do you rehearse?’ I always remember this and it’s true. You have to start each day again – you can’t repeat what you did.”- Marian Seldes
54. “Some moments can only be cured with a big squishy grandma hug.” – Dan Pearce
55. “This is a place where grandmothers hold babies on their laps under the stars and whisper in their ears that the lights in the sky are holes in the floor of heaven.” – Rick Bragg
56. “We believed in our grandmother’s cooking more fervently than we believed in God.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
57. “My grandmother was an unparalleled storyteller who gave me a preview of how life might turn out, and also fortified my empathy.” – Chris Ware
58. “My grandmother’s last act on earth was a call for forgiveness, love, and tolerance.” – Sherman Alexie
59. “Grandmotherhood initiated me into a world of play, where all things became fresh, alive, and honest again through my grandchildren’s eyes. Mostly, it retaught me love.”- Sue Monk Kidd
60. “For myself, one of the sweetest words I have ever heard is ‘Nana’.” – Zelda Rosenbaum
62. “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you’re the grandma.“ – Teresa Bloomingdale
63. “Some grandmas took their grandchildren to parks, or bought them books and dolls, or shared their special stories. Her grandma shared her recipes.“ – Amy E. Reichert
64. “I thought grandmothers had to like you. It’s a law or something.” – Mary E. Pearson
65. “A grandmother always has time for you, even if the rest of the world is busy.” – G. Saunders
66. “There is no other love that’s as special as the love of a grandma. So warm and fuzzy, so calm and sweet, so cheerful and joyful. Grandmas are definitely a special gift from God. A treasure you must always keep. Memories that are never fading but always alive and well in our minds. Forever in my heart, Grandma…” – Hopal Green
67. “Grandmothers are a gift not to be taken lightly. So many lose them, before they are old enough to know their magic.” – Nikita Gill
Fun Ideas for Using Quotes About Grandmas
How can you share these quotes with Grammie and add a little sunshine to her day? We’ve come up with a few options.
- Send Electronically: Is your grandma still an email person, or has she graduated to texting? Pick her favorite mode of electronic communication and send it!
- Post it on Social Media: Make a graphic of a quote you love, then dedicate a post to your grandma on social media. She’ll love the attention; plus, she’ll have something to brag about at her next coffee clutch gathering. Tip: Grandmas are most likely to be on Facebook, so do it there.
- Send a Card: Your grandma probably grew up when people sent actual cards in the mail. Kick it old school by sending her a sweet card with the quote written inside.
- Get Her Customized Merch: Getting customized t-shirts, mugs, and posters takes just a few clicks. Surprise your abuela with some merch featuring a fun quote.
Reach out and let your grandmother know how much you care. She’ll love it and appreciate your taking the time to be so thoughtful.